How physically fit is your city? NerdWallet analyzed the 50 largest metros in the U.S. to find the ones that are the most physically fit.
To arrive at its rankings, NerdWallet factored in the percentage of residents at a healthy weight, percentage of residents who take part in physical activity, and additional data from the American Fitness Index.
- Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, Mass.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, Ore.-Wash.
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, Wash.
- Denver-Aurora-Broomfield, Colo.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
Source: “The 10 Healthiest Cities in the U.S.,” Forbes.com (July 2016)